top of page
Search
  • Writer's pictureCiara

Distress Oxide blended silhouette deer card

Updated: Sep 13, 2020


Hello everyone and thank you soo much for stopping by !!! Today I have for you a card that just would not go together for me the way I wanted it to, however, with a bit of playing around I did eventually make it work and I think it turned out pretty great. Let's jump into it!


I took a piece of Hammermill 100 lb card stock that I cut down to be 4' x 5 1/4' and laid out what I wanted my design to look like. I had this idea for a one layer card so I needed to preplan my stamping and masking a bit. I then took the deer and trees from the Simon Says Stamp woodlands whimsy stamp set and stamped them onto Gina K masking paper with some Simon says stamp intense black ink, after fussy cutting them out, I proceeded to stamp and mask my images.


Once I had all the masking done I took Distress oxide inks in the colours Carved pumpkin, Peacock feathers and Chipped sapphire to create my background. I then lifted the masks and started to colour in the deer with my 100 Copic marker. As I was colouring my deer this is where it went wrong, my marker dripped out a large drop of ink right on the leg of my deer. After staring at it in disbelief and saying a few choice swear words in my head I went to find ways to fix it.


I tried blending more craved pumpkin over it, I tried a white gel pen, a few orange Copic markers, none of that worked and started to make it look worse. So the dreams of a one layer card went out the window and I'd have to cover it up. I stamped, coloured, and cut out another deer and three trees. I played around with a layout for a while and came up with taking the bigger tree and glueing it down over-top of the mistake and adding a smaller tree just to keep my odd number of trees, I didn't use the third tree. I popped my deer up with some foam squares and placed it right over-top of the original deer.


I then glued down my panel to a side folding white A2 sized base and stamped out my sentiment on some black card stock with Versamark ink and used Brutus Monroe Alabaster white embossing powder, heated that until it was smooth and melted, trimmed it into a square with my paper trimmer and added some Nuvo Crystal gems for a little extra shine.


If you want to watch the whole card saga unwind please check out the video below, Supplies will be listed under the video. Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my card. I greatly appreciate your support!!!





Supplies:


Simon Says Stamp Woodland whimsy stamp set


Hammermill 100 lb paper


100 Copic


C9 Copic


Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide Ink


Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink


Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Ink


Blending Tool and Foam


Tim Holtz mini snips


Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat


Tim Holtz Trimmer


Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink


Gina K masking paper


100lb white cardstock (base)


Nuvo Deluxe adhesive


Gina K connect glue


Gem Tray


Nuvo Crystal Gems


Crystal Katana


Versamark Ink


EK Success Powder tool


Sequin container:

https://amzn.to/2O5TlEt (Amazon Canada)


Embossing heat tool


Gina K black foam squares


Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder


Affiliate links are used whenever possible, and when you use those links I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!


23 views0 comments

留言


bottom of page